Skip to main content
Question

What are the ceremonies you follow in agile project management?

A
Anonymous
January 8, 2026

Answer

I work in Scrum, so the ceremonies I follow are the four core ones plus backlog refinement.

  1. Sprint planning. We agree a sprint goal and pick the highest-priority backlog items that fit. I make sure the team understands the reason behind each item as well as the work itself.
  2. Daily stand-up. A 15-minute sync on progress toward the sprint goal. The main thing I listen for is blockers, so they can be dealt with right after the meeting.
  3. Sprint review. We demo the done increment to stakeholders and collect their feedback, which is how we find out early if we are building the wrong thing.
  4. Sprint retrospective. We look at what worked and what did not during the sprint and pick one or two changes for the next one.
  5. Backlog refinement. Mid-sprint sessions where we estimate and clarify upcoming stories, so planning does not stall on unclear work.
JuniorSeniorProject